Wednesday, March 18, 2009

A tribute to my Grandpa Melvin Keith Andersen

Melvin Keith Andersen
born: Nov. 7th 1923



He served in the United States Navy

Rose & Melvin Andersen
Married
Dec. 3oth 1942

He spent World War II
on the USS Intrepid


He also served in the United States Air Force

One of his most loved hobbies was horse riding.
I don't know how many horses he has had in his lifetime but
I probably know of at least 6 that he has owned during mine.

Me and Moe in grandpas cowboy hats.
He often rode the horses down the street to our house to give us kids rides around the block.
They were there for Jared and I when we went through the temple
We had fun times camping with Grandma & Grandpa at Family Reunions.
(Paige with Grandpa.)
I think this photo was at one of their Birthday Parties
Grandma and Grandpa with my kids.
Grandma and Grandpa were married for 66 years.
I hope I can follow in their footsteps, and grow old with my hubby even though some days I may think other wise. I've gotten to see how much they love each other and how close they really were these last few years and I think that time together made the 66 years worth every last minute they spent together.

No comments: