Friday, December 19, 2008

More...

Kodie finally lost one of her front teeth.

At the Dyes Family Christmas Party
we do the same thing every year and this is how the agenda goes.
1. We usually eat dinner which consists of a bunch of Yummy soups, veggie trays, rolls, and Christmas goodies.
2. Then we listen to The Night Before Christmas and watch the pictures on Grandmas old black Scroll box.

3. We sing Christmas carols and wait for Santa to arrive.
All of the kids, adults, and any other strays we have brought along that year take turns being called up to his lap and discuss what we all want for Christmas.

Kodie

Paige

Parker

Jared & I

4. Then the kids play out the Christmas Nativity
Kodie is Mary
Marley a Donkey
& MaKadey is Joseph
Paige is an angel

and here is the whole clan.
Sheppard's, Wise men and all!!!


Here is Parker and (soon to be) Uncle Josh
5. We then have to clean up the massive mess we have all made and brought to the party along with all of the Christmas gifts and goodies everyone exchanges. The kids had a blast as usual hanging out with all their cousins and playing late into the night. And once again it is over until next year.
Over Thanksgiving break when we were in Utah I made a special trip to my Grandma Andersens to learn how to make her Raisin Cake it is one of my favorites and no one can make it and have it taste like hers. So I went to learn from the expert her self.
I am so glad I did I got to spend a couple of hours with her and my grandpa and I think I know why no one else can make the cake like she does. She measures everything with normal silverware instead of measuring spoons, and everything is a heaping tsp. or Tbsp. witch equals 2 or 3 of them.
Shortly after I visited (Dec. 11th) my Grandpa ended up getting an ambulance ride to the hospital he decided not to wake up one morning. He was only unconscious but because he had Spinal Meningitis he was admitted to the ICU. He has now been in the hospital for a week and seems to slowly be doing a little better. He has been on heavy antibiotics, pain medication, and had a feeding tube to try and get his strength up. He wakes up occasionally and still knows where he is, who everyone is, and still has his humor. But he sleeps an awful lot. Mom said he did get moved out of ICU but the family is doing a fast for him and hope they hope he will be able to go home sometime soon.
I have made 7 batches & 70 small loafs of Grandmas Raisin Cake to hand out to friends neighbors, and family for Christmas and mine I have to say is just as good as hers. I'm glad I got to learn this from her.
Parker loved the batter and he made a huge mess!

The Raisins.

The Perfect little Cakes!!! :)

1 comment:

Kristy Skoy said...

Good one Kodie! She finally lost her front teeth. I am glad you got so much bread done. I hope your grandpa is doing better. Let me know how Jared is too.