Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Oh I almost Forgot

At the end of July we took our achievement day girls to Krup Scout Hollow for a Water Day Camp. We had tons of fun and I can say we definitely got Wet!!!They had all kinds of water activities. There were the gallows where someone had to throw a ball which when it hit its target triggered a lever that popped a giant balloon that was carefully placed in the basket ball net above your head.
There was a water volleyball station where we took soaking wet and cold towels to throw a volley ball over the net and then we had to use our towel to catch it also.

Behind us in these photos you will see a dunk tank, and yes I was the leader who was first nominated to get dunked. Tons of fun but dang it was cold and kind of took me by surprise.

There was also Water Dodge ball with sponges, A Water Relay that we had to fill a large bucket by dumping over our heads into the next person's bucket in line until the last person dumped it into the larger bucket and the first line to have theirs full won. The next one we had to grab the sponge, run to the garbage can full of water dunk it, then run to the picnic bench and sit on the sponge letting the water out into the bucket below our bums. The first team who had their bucket full won. Water Kick ball was fun there were pools and buckets we had to stand in at each base and then a slip and slide to slide into at home. There was a Bubble station that was ok but obviously not my favorite, along with a Water Twister and Tug of War. But when all said and done my very favorite was the Giant Water Slide. We all went down this many, many times, and of coarse I was sore for about a week afterwards.





We had a blast and I was ready to go back the very next day. I am looking forward to this also next year and maybe I'll come a little more prepared.

No comments: