Monday, October 12, 2009

Dan's Mission Farewell (July 25th- 29th)

We all went to Dads house for one last Hot Dog Roast over the fire with Dan before he left. We ended up getting rained on a little but we still had a good time.Sunday the 26th Dan had to speak in church. He did a very good job, and delivered a very good message. Afterwards we went to the Civic Center and had a luncheon and somehow I missed out on the photos of that occasion I even made him a cake that looked like a missionary name tag. I'll have to see what I can do about that.
Anyway Tuesday night before he left me and my siblings and some of the in laws and my Grandma went with Dan to get set apart as a missionary. Most of us didn't have much to say, we were all kind of sad and silent, that is just how we are. But I was very surprised to hear what my dad had to say. He commented on how when Dan was too young to hunt how he use to make fun of my Dad and older brother when they missed. But that he remembers Dan's first hunt and how he was sure he wasn't going to miss like they had. And he didn't. He related that to Dan and how he could do anything he put his mind too and it was proven that when he put his mind to something he would do it and do it well. I am sure it meant a lot to Dan. It was a very spiritual experience and he received a wonderful blessing from my dad. There were also great thoughts shared by Ruth, Mom, and Grandma Andersen.
The Bishop and Stake President with Daniel.
Early Wednesday July 29th, Dan was up and on his way to the MTC. We all got up early to say our good byes. I am glad I was able to stick around home and spend those extra days with my family.
Nate & Dan
Mom & Dan


And Me and the Girls with Dan,we love you and know you will accomplish what you set out to do.

No comments: