Monday, November 9, 2009

Remember Cody Pinder??? He got married! :)

In August Jared and I had the chance to take a few days and drive to Colorado for a good friend's wedding (Cody Pinder). We drove through Denver and saw the stadium, went school clothes shopping for the kids, and just had a good time exploring and spending time together. It had been quite a while since we got away with out the kids. They got married in a small little church in the middle of a forested area. It was a little different from most of the weddings I have been too but it was kind of neat also. I am so happy for them they make a very cute couple and it was fun to see them and Cody's family. I haven't seen some of them in about 15 years. Since we use to date way back when... I am glad we have stayed good friends all of these years and hopefully we can continue that for many more.
The church was beautifully designed and had awesome architectural design and structure.






This is the Happy Couple after the ceremony.
Cody and Leslie Pinder
Yea!!!



This is them being pelted with bird seed as they came out the back side of the Church.

Cody's Dad Kurt, and Step Mom Cheryl


Them with the pastor or priest I don't know exactly what he'd be called. Sorry!
But this man married them.


Colorado was so beautiful and covered everywhere in trees like this.


Out back of the church they had a few pictures taken and so naturally I grabbed my camera and snapped a couple my self.


Here is a good one of Cody, his Dad, and little brother Hayden.




It was good to see them all and catch up a little since we only see or talk to each other every couple of years.
On our way home we decided to take a little detour and go to the temple.

The Colorado Temple was beautiful just like all the others but quite small in comparison. We were very lucky because as we were leaving we discovered that we attended the very last session of the day. I was just thinking it kept the same hours as the one in Idaho Falls thinking it would be open til 6 or 7. Jared and I both thought it was weird that they were waiting for a few people to begin the session. We both just thought just start they can catch the next one. Another interesting fact was the whole time we were there we never ran into an LDS Church. It was kind of strange coming from a place that there is one on almost every block.



We had a wonderful experience and I think we are going to see more temples through out the World when ever we have a chance.

2 comments:

Kristy Skoy said...

That is a cool church! Im glad you were able to go to the temple. We need to do that.

Forsberg's said...

NO WAY! For some reason I was thinking about him the other day and a specific bus ride you and I had to talk about "our boys". That's so neat you guys have stayed in contact. Next time you talk tell him I said hello.